About the course
This phlebotomy course can be a great start for you in terms of learning the theory and also the practical skills you need to perform this procedure properly.
• Course is only available to Doctors (MDs), Nurses (RN, RPN, NP), and International Medical Graduates (IMGs)
• Admissions interview
Model: Yes (1-2 in class)
By the end of the phlebotomy course, candidates will be able to understand and/or perform:
• Anatomy and physiology of the veins
• How to take blood from the patient
• Phlebotomy techniques and safety measures
• Labelling and collecting the samples
• How to secure the IV line
• Complications and how to manage them
Phlebotomy is the technique of taking blood from a patient by inserting a needle into a vein, mostly for diagnostic purposes. Also you require this skill if you would like to inject anything IV (intravenously) into the patient or if you would like to secure an IV line for the patient for the purpose of infusing fluids into the blood circulation.
As a health care professional with phlebotomy skills, you should know how to prepare the patient for the procedure, how to find the proper vein to perform phlebotomy, and also how to take the specimen or secure the IV line for the patient.
This phlebotomy course can be a great start for you in terms of learning the theory and also the practical skills you need to perform this procedure properly. After completing the course, you will have the basic knowledge needed for phlebotomy plus you will have some level of experience after performing the procedure under the supervision of our expert instructors.
• Training Manual
• Students will be provided with all the products and equipment required for practice in-class. Professional Kit is Optional (Phlebotomy Kit and Accessories at an additional charge)
• Live Models Practice, Supervised
• Certificate of Completion
• Individual & Group Hand-On Training
• Stock/products available after the training
• Lifetime support from your instructors
Duration: 1 Day Training (6-7 hours)